YUMMY Marinade

A friend of mine gave me this recipe and I love it.  I use it for all kinds of meats...pork, chicken, beef, and I am going to try it with salmon.  I usually cook the meat in the marinade b/c I don't end up having enough time to marinate it for 2 hours.  The kids love it.....esp Callie if you make it a bit spicy ;D.

Grilled Marinated Pork Medallions

Ingredients
•1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
•2 tablespoons sugar
•1 large clove garlic, peeled and finely grated or minced
•1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger (I usually just use powdered)
•1 fresh red Thai chile or cayenne chile pepper, stemmed, seeded and minced (I actually just use Thai chili sauce)
•1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
•1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat and cut into 1-inch-thick medallions

Preparation
1.Whisk soy sauce and sugar in a medium bowl until the sugar is completely dissolved. Stir in garlic, ginger, chile and oil.
2.Place pork in a resealable plastic bag. Add the marinade and seal the bag, squeezing air out. Turn the bag to coat the medallions. Refrigerate for 2 hours, turning the bag once to redistribute the marinade.
3.Preheat the grill to medium. Remove the pork from the marinade. (Discard marinade.) Grill the medallions until just cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes per side.

Comments

Popular Posts