Chicken Orzo Salad

My friend made this amazing Chicken Orzo Salad.  I haven't made it yet, but I will soon!

3/4 cup uncooked orzo, cook until al dente, drain and toss with a splash of olive oil and cool.

1 1/2 cup cooked chicken, cubed and seasoned with salt and pepper
1/2 cup celery, chopped small
1/4 cup green onions, chopped small

Dressing:

1/2 cup mayo
1/4 cup mango chutney
1/2-3/4 tsp curry powder

Mix together the dressing then add first 4 ingredients. Top with 1/3 cup toasted coconut and 1/3 cup sunflower seeds.

I looked online and found some recipes for mango chutney and it is basically ginger, onions, mangos, raisins, pepper, brown sugar and pineapple juice...or some variation of that. Cook it all down and use it.  I am looking forward to making this :D!

Comments

Popular Posts