My Go To Bread Recipe

I LOVE this bread recipe.  Steven says that this bread makes the sandwich.  It was given to me by a good friend of mine.  I probably make this bread once a week (or more) depending on how quickly we go through it.  It is so easy and makes 2 loaves.  I usually freeze a loaf and eat one.  The kids love it too....all their sandwiches get made on this bread. 


Ingredients

3 cups lukewarm water
1 TBS yeast
1 TBS salt
1/8 cup oil
1/4 cup honey or sweetener
3 cups white whole wheat

* Mix this all together and let it rise until double in size and spongy (about 1/2 hour)
* Add 
4-5 cups of white whole wheat flour
1/2 cup rolled oats

* Knead for 10 min, put into two bread pans and let rise till top of pan (about 45 min)
* Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes

Comments

  1. Oh, I use 1/4 cup of oil. Maybe that's why our bread has a different color! Good to know that I can cut the oil in half though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've never made a bread with this technique, adding additional flour after the rise. i'll have to try it--sounds great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts