Hello

Alright, so I decided to start this blog to keep track of the different recipes that I find online and would like to use frequently and share with others.  Just FYI, these recipes are not originally but adapted and modified or just copied and pasted from other sources.  I don't know if I can get it together enough to take pictures, but maybe, we shall see.

Anyway, here are some recipes that I have recently tried:

Wholemeal Banana Bread
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp milk
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 c yogurt
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
3 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
Strawberries (I threw some in b/c we had just picked a bunch)

1.Preheat oven to 200C / 400F.
2.Beat butter and sugar until well combined. Add egg, milk and mashed bananas and mix well.
3.Sift the flour and baking powder together, and gently fold into the banana mixture. Stir and milk to combine.
4.Pour mixture into a greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pan, and bake for 40-45mins, or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.

Steven called these the BEST banana bread ever.  I don't know if I agree, but they were pretty good.  Callie seemed to think so, Mina was lukewarm, Ian wouldn't even try them...oh well, his loss ;)  I actually made them to take to my friend that just had a baby and one of her triplets has an egg allergy.  So I substituted 1/4c yogurt in for the egg...good to know.

Comments

Popular Posts