Grilled Lamb Sirloin

Now that I am taking over this blog I feel like I have to update it with something...
This was a really good recipe...simple and utilizes only items in the pantry...well, maybe not the lamb...but everything else.
I used 6 baseball sized Lamb Sirloin pieces. I cook three and then save three for another day. Wish I could remember where I saw this recipe to give them props but the gist is below...for all six...

4 Tbsp olive oil
Fresh finely chopped garlic (I used about 6 good sized cloves)
Finely chopped fresh rosemary (Cut off our plant I used about 5 8 inch long sprigs - I really like rosemary)
Salt and crushed black pepper to taste...probably about a tsp each

Place all of the ingredients in a large zip lock bag and then squish around. Add lamb sirloins one at a time while coating and squishing around. Let soak for a couple hours.
I brought the grill up to about 550 degrees with no heat shield in place. Cooking took about 8 minutes per side. I brought up to about 135 degrees internal and let rest, at completion they were cooked to about low 140's. They were fully cooked through.
I made a dry Shallot Butter topping:
Heat a bunch of butter in ye ol'cast iron frying pan to about sizzling hot...brown (aka fry) a couple of finely chopped shallots. Remove and add as a topping to taste. Only need a little of this as there is a lot of taste here...
In the future I think I will add mushroom and red wine to the shallot mixture to add as a wet topping...more of a sauce than a dry topping. 

Comments

Popular Posts