Barbecue Korean...ish (well - Lets go with Kor-English) Ribs

Here is one I haven't tried yet but looking to dial in the right recipe...I took the base from a Korean Ribs recipe and will modify it to taste...this may change but here is my first attempt.

I am using a Flanken cut of short ribs instead of the traditional English cut.  My kiddos  (and me) like the meat to bone ratio when used with a good sauce and plus...every once in a while they are a great and fun departure / twist on the traditional style.

3/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup water
2 Tbsp sesame oil
3 Tbsp Rice vinegar

1/4 cup sweat tai chili sauce
2 Tbsp honey 

2 Tbsp fresh grated ginger
6 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium onion, minced

Mix it all together, I use a large zip lock bag and squish all of the meat inside and place in the fridge. Every once in a while give it a fresh squish and put it back in the fridge. The original recipe said to leave for 7 hours...not sure why '7' but I usually prepare in the early morning and pull out up to an hour before grilling so it usually sits for about 10 hours.

Use medium to high heat and grill for about 4-6 minutes each side. We like our meat a little on the rare side but either way, with this cut, you cannot go wrong.

Comments

Popular Posts